The classic roast chicken with a twist – A simple, easy crowd-pleaser cooked in a delicious sauce.
- 8 med potatoes, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 med onions, peeled and cut into wedges
- 4 large garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ cup olive oil
- 1 ½ lemons, squeezed
- 6 chicken thighs & 6 chicken drumsticks
- 1 chicken stock cube
- Salt & freshly ground black pepper
For Honey mustard glaze
- 3 tabs clear honey
- 2 tabs wholegrain mustard
- 1 tabs dijon mustard
- 2 tabs balsamic vinegar, opt
- Mix together with little hot water to loosen
Preheat oven to 200°c. Put chicken pieces, salt, pepper, garlic, lemon, onions, stock cube and potatoes into large roasting tin. Turn chicken pieces and everything over till nicely coated. Add a little hot water and roast for about 45 mins. Turn pieces over to ensure even colouring. Take out of oven and pour over honey mustard glaze. Roast for another 30-40 minutes till nicely browned.